Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mandarin Orange Chicken

Please leave comments for Mandarin Orange Chicken...Did it feed 6? Did you like it? Did you love it?

Recipe
5 Cups Cooked Chicken
2 TB Oil
3 Cups Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
4 tsp Flour
1 1/3 Cups Water
1 Can Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Slice Green Onions
4 tsp Chicken Bouillon Powder or 4 Cubes
2 Can Mandarin Oranges
Cooked Rice

Cook the mushrooms in the oil in a large skillet, stirring constantly. Add flour, stirring well. Add water, orange juice, chicken bouillon, brown sugar & onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add chicken, simmering uncovered 3-4 minutes. Cool and pour into freezer containers.

Thaw completely. Put in a sauce pan, add two cans mandarin oranges, drained, and heat until bubbly. Serve over cooked rice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My family (Kids) did not like this one. They freak out about Mushrooms and onion. I liked it.
I think we would have had plenty if my children ate it.

Anonymous said...

I loved this...it was so flavorful! Had enough for our family.

Anonymous said...

My family was mixed on this one. My husband and I really liked it as did some of my kids. The rest did not like it. I say make it again. We barely had enough to feed our family, and some of the kids didn't eat any.

Anonymous said...

We really liked this, sometimes I find it good for my kids to try new things, even though they won't eat much of it. Hubby and I loved it though.